Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Accepting the Unexpected

I think Chris and I are finally finished feeling a little sorry for ourselves. We were so excited to travel on Sept 13, but then when it got moved to Sept 26 we felt let down. Yes, we are still going to get our daughter and yes it is only two weeks. But we felt the air fall out of our sails just a little bit. Some days it seems like we are so close and then again so far away. But I am startig to get excited about hte baby showers we will be having starting 2 weekends from now. My mom calls everyday to update me on the nursery she is sewing. I am looking forward to seeing Miss Sophie regardless of when I get there. It just leaves us in that vulnerable position for two extra weeks wondering hey when can we go get our little girl.

I think of her constantly and look at her picture constantly. Right now I remind myself to stay ahead at work. Keep up all my notes, and keep things running smoothly prior to my leaving so I can feel good about work when I leave. I also am trying to keep the house looking decent and get things baby proof including the dogs (aka current two babies).

The one thing I cannot do is dream about Sophie. Before we knew who she was or that she was a she I dreamed about the adoption and getting the referral, but now I don't dream of it anymore. I will leave that one up to Freud.

I think I will go to a couple of consignment sales this weekend just to see what they have. Then we are having showers the next weekend and then it is just one more weeknd until we leave. I will be so thankful. My next major to do is to get her a giving and receiving outfit. We have looked around some but Fall clothes are out around here now and they will be too warm for Vietnam. I am going to look at the consignment sales. We don't want anything fancy just in case birth families are there because I think t is very inconsiderate to buy a dress that possibly cost more than they will make next month. We have discussed this at length something sweet and simple.

I am really just ramblign tonight because I felt I needed to talk about Sophie.

Sophie. I Love You. I guess you are probably up right now working on a new day just as dad and I get ready to go to bed. It won't be too much longer now. I continue to pray for you everyday. I will send kisses on the moon your way. Love Mom

No comments: