Monday, September 11, 2006

2 weeks and counting

In two weeks from tomorrow we should be boardign a plane and flying to VN to pick up our Sophie.

I am starting to get excited all over again. I cannot believe it is now only really two weeks. We got our plane tickets today and there was a little oops our travel agent made her ticket out for Oct 4 and we fly out about two weeks later than that. He is going to fix it though.

I bought snacks at the grocery store to take with us and got her scripts from the doctor. I printed our travel insurance cards. I am starting to decide what to take and will order Chris some light weight pants. I cannot wait to go.

It is almost surreal as if I am walking around on a movie set and not actually living real life. I am trying to stay focused at work but admit I find it hard.

We spoke to the two other couples wha ar going with us and one of them is flying the same flight. We are meeting up with at least one of them to eat dinner on Firday night so that is exciting.

I thought when our travel got delayed that the two week mark would never get here, but it has. And although I think two days from now I could have been on a plane. I just hink now in two weeks I will get to meet my daughter. I daydream about how much she will weigh and how she will react to us. We both agree she will probably cry, but oh well it will help us to bond by comforting her.

I keep thinking there will be little presents under the tree for her this year and she willg etot celebrate Thanksgiving with us.

It seems to have taken forever to get to this point, but we (with any luck and a lot of prayer) are on the home stretch. It reminds of when I was a little girl and my parents used to say after a trip as we pulled in the drive "home again, home again jiggity jog".

Sophie soon we will be saying that with you. I love you baby girl and in two more weeks mom and dad will be coming to bring you home. I pray for you today that you are always comfortedby loving arms when you cry . Love you Mom

1 comment:

Jena said...

Summer-
I am so excited for you!
Are you going to post while in Vietnam?
Jena