Friday, March 17, 2006

I am glad my husband is not a RHS

First, I just want to say thank you to Chris for being as excited about this adoption as I am. I have joined a couple of internet groups just to be able to ask questions and get advice if needed. In one particular post a lady was talking about her RHS. At first I thought this was some form I had never heard of, but it actually stands for Reluctant Husband. If he is that reluctant that you have given him a title should you really be considering the adoption? I cannot wait to meet our child and if you have been reading neither can Chris. I could not imagine going through this and having to persuade Chris to go along for the ride. What message does that give to a child? When telling their adoption story they will say "my mom convinced my dad that they needed me and he eventually gave in. They picked me up in Vietnam and he is happy he did it now." I could not imagine going into this process without Chris being 100% on the same page as me. I want my child to say "my parents loved before I came home with them. They would sit up at night talking about the day when they would eventually come and take me home from Vietnam. They worked very hard and prayed all the time for my safe return with them to start our family." I will not have to worry about our future child having any doubt that she was wanted from the start by both her parents. As Chris put in his last post we will simply say I love you and we did even before we met you. Thanks Panda for being an EEHS (equally excited husband).

Summer

3 comments:

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Hi Summer,
I just looked up your blog after I saw your post on the DTV list. I agree, blogging is a great way to pass the time while we wait! Feel free to come over and check out my blog sometime.
http://mrsbroccoliguy.blogspot.com/
:-)

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Hello also Summer,
I agree with you about the RHS. I have a COHS (cautiously optimistic husband)...once we have our referral and our travel approval, he will definitely be the EEHS.
Stop in on our adoption blog at www.vietnamaddition.blogspot.com

~Nicole

Anonymous said...

WOW...I cannot wait to be an aunt and Molly, Cooper, and Emma are just as excited. The two of you are amazing people and she will be so lucky to have you both as parents.