Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Unexpected Travel

As I am sitting here I should be getting ready for work, but since Monday afternoon I have been unable to think about work. I was leaving work on Monday and just before I left I went to check my work email account where low and behold there was an email that had the subject line travel dates and was from the right person. I opened it up excitedly and it said you need to be in Vietnam on or before Sept 17. Oh my gosh, we had not planned on leaving until at least the end of September. We had some showers planned, but they can be postponed. Chris experienced the baby store yesterday when he went off to buy diapers, bottles and onsies so we have some things to take when we go get Sophie.

I was actually cool with this part of the wait. Not that I do not want to go and get my daughter, but after the referral came I knew that there was an end in sight. We have a few things to do around the house and we where planning on showers, buying a few things ourselves ect mostly on the weekend of the 16 and 17. Now all that has changed and we have gone into hyperdrive. I find myself constantly starring at her picture and thinking wow in just a little over two weeks I am going to be holding her.

I also want to say to Sophie...
Mom and Dad pray for you everynight. I say a simple prayer before I go to bed everynight and when I awaken every morning. God, tell Sophie she is loved, give her people now who will care for her, keep her safe and healthy, and let us get to her soon.
Baby girl I love and this entire extended family loves you. Grandma, Nana and Paw-Paw, Aunt Carrie and Uncle John, Aunt Missy and Uncle Craig, all your cousins and other relations are praying for you and they love you too. It is amazing to me that in two weeks I will get to hold you and smell you and feed you and bring you to my home and love you forever. I am so excited to be meeting you. You are my sunshine... Love Mom

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know that the travel was unexpected and soon, but you are going to be so happy that it happened this way once you get her in your arms. I am so happy for you!!