Thursday, August 31, 2006

Unexpected Delays

Oh well, I got a call today informing me that we would have to postpone travel for about two weeks. So we will change our flights for the last week in September. Obvioulsy it was a bummer on the day but I am trying to look at the bright side. I know that there is a reason for the wait so I am okay with that. I also feel like hey now we can get a little more ready. Although, I would go to get her ready or not. I am looking forward to getting the house clean and ready, getting the nursery ready, celebrating her arrival with my family and church through the showers. I was looking forward to meeting her earlier than expected but I will just have to look forward to meeting her as soon as I possibly can.

It does put doubt into your mind when things like this arise. Like is somehting going to go horribly wrong? Am I willing something to go horribly wrong by having those thoughts? I just now know I cannot wait for Sept 27th ish to get on a plane a get my baby girl.

So tonight Sophie, I am sorry for the delay, but just be patient. We are working very hard to do the right things to come and bring you home. Sleep tight little one knowing that we are on our way we have just been a little delayed. We love you more and more everyday and cannot wait to see your sweet little face. The whole family prays nightly for your homecoming. Your daddy was heart broken today learnign that he must wait two more weeks to see your precious face. Don't worry we are using our extended time to get everything ready for you at home. We are so looking forward to the day that we will get to hold you. I love you Love Mom

1 comment:

Jena said...

Summer-
I'm praying for you guys during this delay!
Jena