Monday, February 27, 2006

Feb 27 2006

We are several months into the process of adopting our first child who is to be from Vietnam. Anyone else going through this process is welcome to respond, whine, wait, suggest, support, share joy or sorrow, pray, or talk about the finances of it all.

We are at the stage where we are just far enough in to not turn our backs and we are not far enough along to get too excited. Our I-600A has been sent, although I think with the wrong documentation. So I am sure to see it again in the mail this week. We are feverishly collecting documents for the dossier and the home study (starting tomorrow). Thank goodness we have friends who are notaries. Next week we start on our vaccinations typhoid, hep a and hep b oh my!!!! At least I will be immune to almost everything in the world. Then onto the doctor for medical tests and lots more paper work. If you have been there you know how it goes. It really is not too difficult just lots of forms and signatures and promising your left kidney and things like that!!! It is all well worth it though to get the call saying we have a referral for you. What joy that must be like. Oh yeah I forgot I found out I am not a Criminal this week, nor is my spouse. IT really is fun to background check yourself.

We will keep you informed as we prayerfully wait for our little bundle of joy. Oh what a journey it will be in the famous words of the great philosopher, Dr. Seuss "Oh the places you'll go"....

Summer

No comments: